Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I'm not dead...I'm just a wife and mother of 4







So, I'm sure that many of you have wondered what happened to me the last 3 1/2 months. I'm sure that many of you know people who disappear after they get married. Well, I can honestly say that I have a good excuse. I feel like being single had it's adventures and also it's hardships. It seemed that I was busy but I felt quite confident with my chosen career, my spiritual growth and progression. I liked what I had become. And now that I am 3 1/2 months into marriage and family I realize how full and joyous my life can be. I also have learned that I have a lot of "becoming" to do. Don't get too comfortable with where you are in life because that is when you should be prepared for the next curve ball.

10 things that have changed since November 1, 2008

1. I have been driving a minivan with a car top carrier

2. I have been introduced to the world of scouting (very interesting). We are on the Cub Scout Committee as well.

3. With four boys, the words poop and fart come up in conversation much more than I would like.

4. I have worked on many new projects. I assisted in a polar bear habitat, a handcart, and right now I am working on a book share biography of Benjamin Franklin. Did I forget to mention that I love sounding out words like CAT and DIG with Zach?

5. I usually don't get up later than 6 am.

6. I have a care bear band aid on my thumb.

7. I now take my gummy bear vitamins every day.

8. I have a new found dislike for Lego's, although my boys do build the coolest things I've ever seen with them.

9. I have a husband who is so patient and kind to me and picks up the slack when I fall short.

10. And the last thing that has changed since November 1st is I don't have fake nails and I cut my hair. Talk about transformation (Now I'm growing out my hair and my nails. Go figure.)

7 comments:

merrilykaroly said...

You're back! Wow-- a mommy of four boys! If anyone can do it, you can! You're amazing!

Jon said...

WELCOME TO MOTHERHOOD!!! If anyone could jump into a family of 4 boys, it is you. I'm so glad you are happy. I can't wait for more updates. Oh, this is Kari-Lynn. I'm signed into my husbands account.

Aubri said...

Yay for husbands and little boys! So many adventures! Malachi already talks about his "peepee," I'm just waiting for those poop and fart conversations, hilarious!

Nathan and Sarah said...

So good to see updates. i have missed you! we need to catch up soon!

Sarah

Anonymous said...

oh kim you must call me soon so we can have a chat!! I can't believe you don't have long nails anymore and how short is your hair?! I'm glad is sounds like things are going well- we need to go on a 'date' sometime soon, just me and you- maybe to the leatherby's in slc?!

Biz said...

I NEED TO SEE YOUR HAIR.

Anonymous said...

My dear friend Kimmy-
YOU are amazing, YOU are so patient, i know that YOU are the best mommy ever, and are trying hard to master the driving of the minivan ;0) and that you and your sweet husband will do amazing things together :) Not to worry--the bodily functions conversations will go away someday :)

I love you! Thank you for being so great--and for the reminder to not get too comfortable ;0)

--Megan