Monday, October 22, 2007

Another year older and hopefully wiser too











I've decided that it's better to have a weekend to celebrate my birthday instead of just a day. There is so much more that you can fit into a weekend. Also, as I've said before, I always feel so many emotions and this weekend wasn't any different.

First of all, Friday evening I got off work and I was headed home. My original plan for the evening was to attend the temple. As I pulled into our parking lot at the Grandview Village, my phone rang. Of course it was my good pal and sister Mickey. She was asking what I had planned for the evening. I told her that I was thinking about going to the temple, to which she said that Laura and Eric wanted us to go to dinner with them. And since I am such a family oriented type of person, I agreed to the adventure to Riverton, Utah. To my surprise, when we arrived at their home, my parents vehicle was in the driveway. Yep, they all had me fooled (pretty easy to fool someone like me). We piled into my parents van and we were off to Trios, a very enjoyable and delicious Italian restaurant.

The next day was game day. We knew that their would be snow but we were prepared for the worst and we came out very successful. The cougars won and we managed to get out of the stadium just as the snow was starting to get bad.

Yesterday, my big day, was only good because I had my family there to pull me out of the indifference I felt about my birthday. I have to say that they know how to handle me. It always ends in laughter and sunshine when they are around. Well...maybe not literal sunshine, but the kind of sunshine you feel in your soul. The kind that makes you grateful to be alive for another year. By the end of the weekend some of us were tired, but it's only because the Virtues party hard when we get together. Thank you for another spectacular birthday! Next year is the big 30. We'll see if I make it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice bum shot Kimmy! ;)

Kimmy said...

Thanks Stephen. I always knew that you liked my bum. That butt shot was for you ;)

Biz said...

Today is your birthday shout Hooray.
We'd like to sing to you today.
One year older and wiser too.
Happy birthday to you!

Kimmy said...

Thanks Fizz for that beautiful rendition.