Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Day of Denial





As mentioned in previous blog posts, I just returned from my incredibly relaxing and beautiful vacation to Hawaii. Today is one of my days off of work however. I'm no longer working with the United Way and Angel Tree and seemed to have been blessed with an extra day to recoup and deny the fact that it is a New Year and that there was probably at least 6 inches of snow on my car this morning. I half expected to face the daunting tasks that indicate reality today, but instead ate a oat and honey bran muffin and grapefruit with a dear friend of mine. We caught up with each other and visited a bit with our waiter Sal, who happened to be from Hawaii. After our lovely late breakfast we went to Barnes and Noble and read up on one of the newest astrology books (you know how much I love to read my horoscope). We spent some time at the grocery store and ran into another old friend that I chatted with for a bit and then back home where I ran into a guy from good old Blackfoot in our parking lot. After talking with him and his wife for a while, I couldn't resist visiting with our charming neighbor Ed. And now, I MUST do some laundry, go to the gym and start thinking about what I need to change for the New Year. I'd like to first change winter into spring and summer. Sound good to anyone else?

0 comments: