Monday, January 28, 2008

I love my routine

I've decided to share with you a few of the things that I do almost every day that I enjoy, even though I do them day in and day out:

1. I get ready for the day. Now, it might sound silly, but I enjoy putting on make-up. I like to be a girl and feel pretty. I didn't always appreciate my unique attributes like my red hair, my crooked nose, and white skin, but they are mine and I'm the only one who looks like me and I can find joy in that.

2. Every day that I go to work, I meet Dan or Jim (more often Jim) to fetch the money from the cash room to fill our register. I enjoy this time with them. These men are humble, hard working barbers. They care about providing for their families. They care about their customers and I love that they care about me and they respect and appreciate my work. They care about my personal life and would protect me like one of their own daughters. I love these men.

3. I eat. I love food! Healthy food and unhealthy food. What would life be like without it? It fills you, and the best part is when you enjoy it with others, especially the one's you love.

4. Visiting with people. Through my work, I am very blessed to visit with people all day. Some are funner to visit with than others (there are some grumpy ,weird, rude people), but it is interesting to learn from others and their experiences, to see what makes them happy and what makes them sad. To watch them experience life through it's ups and downs and still remain faithful enough to keep moving forward. Some people I meet I believe come as gifts to me, just to make me better and my days better.

5. I pray to a loving Heavenly Father. He knows me the best and what I need to become the best me. Through him I know that I have purpose and reason to live and love and find joy and return to live with him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is why we've chosen you as little John's first barber. He can't wait to meet you and tell you about his day.

From The Heart said...

that's why you're my role model kimmie - what would a day be like without you in it!!!!

Unknown said...

You are great - love live

Unknown said...

LOVE YOU LOTS