Monday, March 19, 2007

The early bird gets the oil change

This is the view from the waiting area of the Jiffy Lube. Don't you think that it is such a ridiculous thing when you have to wait an hour for an oil change. About a month ago I was there at J.L. with a friend. We drove all over town trying to find a place where the wait wasn't over an hour. We started at J.L. and ended up at J.L. The service there is so so, but for what you end up paying in the end, I think it's a jip. Today on my day off, I decided to get my oil changed. It was a week or two over due. Last night I decided that I would get up reasonably early to go to Wal Mart to do it. They open the Lube "express" (not a word that always describes the experience 9 times out of 10) at 7am. I was there at 7:30. It took approximately 20 minutes. For all of you who are having a difficult time waiting for your oil change, the early bird gets the worm. That's all there is to it.

The man pictured was sure intersting. He was missing his front teeth which made me wonder what his life was like. Definately entertaining to observe. He was as efficient as he could be under the circumstances, then again, he wasn't the one changing the oil which is why it took sooo long.



0 comments: