Monday, March 05, 2007

Instruments

Yesterday was Stake Conference and Mom and Dad were on their way back home from Phoenix so they stayed in Provo Saturday to Sunday. Michelle went to Luke's ordination, so Mom and Dad went with me to Stake conference. Before the conference, however, I was invited along with some of the other leaders in our stake to a luncheon with Elder Quentin L. Cook. I was a little apprehensive to attend, mostly because our stake president asked us to think of some questions to ask. I didn't feel like I had much to contribute in that particular setting. I'm grateful for that experience looking back. I learned a lot. The past couple of weeks have been somewhat difficult and the things that have gotten me through are the advice and council of inspired priesthood holders and a father who is worthy to give me a blessing when needed. How grateful I am for a loving Heavenly Father who teaches us through these amazing men who are worthy to bless our lives and teach us. Having said that, I am also grateful for the women in my life. More specifically, an earthly mother, who calls me twice a day, knowing that her daughter is struggling. She cries with me and comforts me in a way no one else can. The Lord surely knows each one of us because he gives us people who will help us along the way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey. sorry to hear things have been rough lately. hope you are doing ok. there was a talk given a while ago that i really liked. it talked about how we don't always feel as peaceful as we think we should if we are keeping gospel principles. he broke it down into two forms of peace. peace of mind and peace of conscience. peace of mind doesn't always come so easily. temporal things can cause strife, family issues, etc. but the inner peace is peace of conscience. no matter what turmoil goes on around us, we can have peace of knowing we are in good standing with heavenly father. sometimes when i think about that and separate the two, it helps. hope you find the same. love, brian

Anonymous said...

Brian - thanks for the beautiful words of wisdom. They made me cry. You are a good friend. Love the mother

Kimmy said...

What a good friend you are, Brian. It's definately helped me to think of things this way.