Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Winter run



This morning I went for a winter run. Don't ask me what possessed me to do so, but I have to admit, it was lovely. More than being worried about the cold, I was concerned that I wouldn't run as well as I have been running on the treadmill. Well, as I have been watching the biggest loser, Jillian and Bob have been giving some good tips. I used to wake up and immediately start me exercise routine, but before I went this morning I ate a banana. Now, I am not saying that you should always eat a banana before running, but a little bit of fuel allows for you to run longer...obviously. I think it makes for a better run for me if I eat something small that won't make me sick. I hear that a piece of whole wheat toast is good. Anyway, happy winter workouts everyone! I'm sure that my sisters who are workout divas have great advice, especially the professional sister.

P.S. I saw the crossing guard this morning helping the kids cross the street and we chatted a bit. What a sweet man!!

1 comments:

From The Heart said...

I think I've seen that crossing guard before.... the one on the hill... he looks EXACTLY like my grandpa (who was also a crossing guard in his retirement years.....)