Monday, April 02, 2007

"Pinky"



There is always something, I think, that everyone is given as a child that they become attached to. One of my friends had a stuffed dog named Little Gangus. He looked disgusting. She had kept him and slept with him until her mid to late twenties. I think she finally came to terms with the fact that she had to give him up. Well, I too have had an item that I have kept since the age of three or four. I never named it until the other day when I knew I had to throw away my precious "pinky". I don't even know who gave it to me. Maybe my mom. As you can see, it had sentimental value. Michelle said she would take a picture of us though so I could remember "pinkie". Quite honestly I wasn't that attached, but seeing as how I had kept it for so long, it was hard to throw away.
Recently we replaced our carpet and I have done some spring cleaning. There are a lot of things I gave up or threw away. Most of the time it's refreshing to give things up. Sometimes, however, it is so hard and I hold onto them for months or even years. Maybe this is how I feel about other things in life. People, things, come into our life. Eventually we move on and start fresh. I'm going to try to keep moving on and starting fresh, even if I am forced into it, like when Michelle told me we were getting new carpet. It's Spring cleaning everyone!! Out with the old and in with the new!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i had a stuffed bear named joey. i think it was a bear. i left him in the st. mary's chapel near flathead lake, montana. we toured it cuz it's a historic landmark and i left him on a pew. i was probably 3 or 4 and i still remember crying and so much after we got home and my mom even calling back there to see if they found it. no such luck. anyway, i'm gonna go cry myself to sleep. good night.