Monday, April 30, 2007

The Sun will come out tomorrow



I don't know why, but I feel like giving a tribute to one of my idols growing up. I simple adore little orphan Annie. I even had a doll and locket. She was one tough kid and I loved the way she belted out "The sun'll come out tomorrow. Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow, there will be sun. Just thinkin about tomorrow clears away the cobwebs and the sorrow til there's none. When I'm stuck with a day that grey and lonely, I just stick out my chin and grin and say the sun'll come out tomorrow."

Man, I love her. Maybe it's that curly red hair. Or, maybe I loved that she was such a drama queen. Whatever it was, I need to watch that movie again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you ever watch Small Wonder with the annoying redheaded neighbor girl named Harriet? I don't think she was very popular, but was she a hero too?

Kimmy said...

No, I don't know what that is. Maybe she was your hero, but she wasn't mine.