Thursday, July 05, 2007

God Bless America




So I think that I hyped up the 4th of July too much in my mind this year. Don't get me wrong it is still one of my favorite holidays, but, with all the things that I wanted to do and did, it was just so damn hot. At the parade and I forgot my sunglasses (my own fault) which is a huge disadvantage. However, Mickey and I saw some very interesting things during the whole experience. There was a Mere (my very good friend in Winnemucka, NV) sighting, a marching band with plumes and all (brought back memories of my high school days), and a Brook Walker from Studio 5 sighting (she is Michelle's new best friend since Michelle has been on the show a few times now). We saw old ladies with crazy hats, an old man at the parade that moved his old blue station wagon 7 times and that is just while we were standing there, and did I forget to mention the new hot air balloon this year...yep Curves now has a balloon. Maybe they will let me ride in it next year. It's my lifelong dream to ride in one.

My favorite parts though, were when the planes (ya know the loud ones that go really fast) flew overhead. And all the good and kind people that that we saw who came out to celebrate the freedoms that are ours because of so many who have sacrificed and have stood up for what they believe in: God, liberty, courage, honor, and truth.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You favorite part should have been your band friends from band camp.