Sunday, July 08, 2007

I've arrived

Yesterday at work was pretty interesting. I have to admit I love my job. There are times like everyone else that I just wanna go home, but for the most part it's pretty great. I like to be able to say that I put in a full day's work. At the barbershop you meet all kinds. And yes, there are some weird people at BYU, in fact, you might say that some of the weirder people are there.

Yesterday, I got to go back in time. About 2 years ago around this time, I met a guy. I am always embarrassed to say I dated a customer because then people think that I work at the barbershop just so I can meet guys. And although I meet plenty of guys there, I would say that the large majority are not my type at all! Anyway this guy I met 2yrs ago and dated for a couple of months suddenly showed up yesterday at the barbershop. He came in with a girl and the thing that I realized as I cut his hair (unfortunately it was my turn, otherwise I wouldn't have had to cut his hair) is that I have come a long way in realizing the type of guy I'm after and he definitely was not it. I think I finally know what I want because I finally know who I want to be myself. I'm surprised it's taken me so long to realize, but now that I have arrived, I'm grateful to be here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

apparently the barby has been an interesting place for you since I've been gone - or actually, just this weekend! I'm excited to hear the stories.... I'll give you a call tomorrow!!!

Anonymous said...

Huh.. who could you be talking about? I hope to get the details later. And yes saying that the barbershop is an interesting place to meet all kinds of people is an understatement! For example like today.. but I'm glad the shop could do you a service(for once) and help you 'arrive'! Congrats- haha