Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Three Legged Free for all





Last night I wasn't sure if I was quite up for FHE, but around 6:40, I told Michelle that I was going to go. I think that it was the day at the pool that took so much out of me, not to mention, I did get a bit of a sunburn. Apparently, sometimes you have to reapply the sunblock after you get out of the water. Anyhow, I felt I should go and support the people who supported me on Sunday for Break the Fast (part of my new calling). When we got there, we sang My Country Tis of Thee, which reminded my of the second grade, where we stood and sang that song every day and pledged allegiance to the flag. . . good memories (Mrs. Reese's class by the way...funny, huh?) After the song we had a lesson and then we went outside for the activity. Ya never know if you should stay for the activity and they never tell you what it is because they don't want you to leave. We played three legged spoons. It is just like spoons but you are tied to someone else. That's all good and fine, but Kimmy is not that competitive. My partner was though. Wow!! I almost died and the tie around my ankles didn't feel so good on the sunburn, but David and I won the prize!! Wait, we didn't get a prize, just the satisfaction of knowing that we won the three legged race against everyone in our group. There were some cheaters (Aaron Reid), but cheaters never prosper!! If I can still hack the three legged race and win, I figure I'm still young, right?

0 comments: